Author Topic: imax b6 charger help.  (Read 1529 times)

heli_crasher

imax b6 charger help.
« on: March 19, 2011, 12:51:18 PM »
ok so i got a new charger. set it up for a 2200 11.1v battery.

all the voltage on them now read cell 1 4.20  cell 2 4.20 cell 3 4.20  and end volts atm 12.5 is the battery fully charged at that rate ?

there is no message on the charger sayinf it has completed charging and no beeps. guess it does nto beep ?

do not have a manual for this eather. watched vids they all said it would beep been on charger 3 hours now like this ...... any help would be greatful

Offline davesheli

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • RumblecloudRC
Re: imax b6 charger help.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 02:23:30 PM »
I wish I knew the answer for you, but I don't...I do know that 4.2v per cell is full, but it should be at 12.6 volts total :132:, Now a 2200 battery on a 1 amp charge is going to take a very long time to charge, just don't know if 3 hours is long enough or to long, does the battery or charger feel hot (mainly battery LOL). I know when I put my 2200 in storage mode it took a really long time.... :125:

Offline Eskimo

• MOTM Award
  • If You Can Build It You Can Break It
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 02:36:00 PM »
Just A Note. Voltage Meters Vary +/- 0.01v Often. I Wouldn't Worry Aslong As The Cells Are Within 0.05v Of Eachother. Go Have Fun.

Offline Jpjr21

• MOTM Award
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 08:47:41 PM »
I have this same charger and I guess its a known glitch.  It needs different capacitors in order to get the correct voltage to display.  I've read about it, but there is like 10 different ones that have to be soldered on, so I just figured that it wasn't that much of a difference and I have been using it fine as is.
"Tomorrow I'll be better than what I am today"

Esky Honey Bee V2
   Fuse Mod
   SuperBlades XP
   Xtreme OPCF
   CP3 DD tail
   O-Ring mod
Tarot 450 Sport

wizzard363

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 10:03:54 PM »
I have this charger and my battery only just finished charging so the timing is perfect .
Mine will beep (this can be turned off) and on the screen it says FULL where the Li3S is displayed in the top left of the screen .
Voltage reads 12.60 on the screen  .
I know there are a lot of copies of this charger and as I got mine from ebay it may not be genuine but it works fine

Offline Jpjr21

• MOTM Award
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 08:40:31 AM »
Try turning up the rate you charge your battery at to 2.2. It usually takes about an hour that way.
"Tomorrow I'll be better than what I am today"

Esky Honey Bee V2
   Fuse Mod
   SuperBlades XP
   Xtreme OPCF
   CP3 DD tail
   O-Ring mod
Tarot 450 Sport

Offline icecycler

• MOTM Award
  • Elite member
  • Men and their flying machines
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 12:17:41 PM »
HC Heres a link to the Imax battery charger manual, I hope this might help. 

http://www.heliguy.com/i/ImaxB6manual.pdf

ICE     :freezing:

Tools, Tools, Tools gotta have Tools. Without Tools The World Would Not Be Like it is Today!!!---------- Laugh A Lot Everyday, Life is too Short To Be Grumpy!!!-------Exercise Your Brain Build and Fly R/C!!!

heli_crasher

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 12:40:38 PM »
this is a fairly old post. prolly shoulda said i figured it out. my buzzer beeper what ever dont work on the charger i got however it charges just fine. thank you all for all the advise and input really apreciate it.