Author Topic: Esky Belt CPX Parts  (Read 2042 times)

Offline iceman198

• Dutton Designs
Esky Belt CPX Parts
« on: March 06, 2011, 12:10:42 PM »
Hey guys,

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything on this so hopefully this isn't a duplicate thread.

I have the Esky Belt CPX...and of course just busted my blades and seemed to have messed my rotor a bit.  Currently, everywhere I look, everyone is currently out of stock on rotor parts for this machine.  But, I'm able to find the metal rotor assembly for the Belt CP-V2....will this work on my CPX?

Also, I see a lot of people mention to get a better ESC...what would you recommend?

Thanks for the help!

sandbar521

Re: Esky Belt CPX Parts
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 04:56:27 PM »
 :welcome: to the forum iceman198,yes I would recommend changing the ESC.I changed mine the first day I got the heli.Remember if the other head fits it has the flybar above the blades... :125:

sandbar521

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 04:58:42 PM »
Oops,I went with a 30amp ESC and it is good for me.It is an Exceed Volcano Series 30 Amp  :125:

Offline iceman198

• Dutton Designs
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 07:37:26 PM »
Hey sandbar, thanks for the reply!

Is there a big difference with the fly-bar being on top?

After digging deeper, should I even bother getting the whole assembly?  It looks like all I really need is a couple tie-rods, one of the blade arms...and that other piece...don't know what it's called but I highlighted it in the picture.

How do I take the blade arm off?

Thanks.

Gene T

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 09:05:07 PM »
Take the blade off. Inside the blade holder is a screw or bolt that attaches the blade holder to the feathering shaft. In almost any crash, the feathering shaft gets bent. You'll have to take off both blade holders to pull it out and replace it.

Be warned, there are a few very tiny washers and bearings between the rotor head housing and the blade grip. Don't lose them, and don't mixup the order they are supposed to go in. That MUST go back in the way you found them.

sandbar521

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 09:14:32 PM »
Yup,what Gene said  :125:

Offline iceman198

• Dutton Designs
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 08:16:10 PM »
Thanks for your help Gene & sandbar.

So...I was trying to pay attention and take the blade arm off really slowly...but it just kind of came off and out comes the washer and bearing...so I wasn't able to see how it went on....but luckily I found a video on Youtube of a guy taking apart his belt cp v2.  Looks like they are the same.

So, I got the parts ordered (push rods, fly bar balancing pole, and some push rods..and blades of course) so hopefully i'll be able to get it all put back together.  Drives my wife nuts having the parts all over the kitchen table.  =)

Thanks again guys!

Offline johneyrico

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 03:07:30 AM »
hiya guys i hope somone will see this n help

iv got and done the same damage to my belt cpx
now is it posible to get the metal head from the v2 (will it fit?)

and wats my best option
oh yeah and in my parts book it says that metal bar that holds the blade holder is called a center shaft
or is it called a feathering shaft?

Gene T

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 09:11:25 PM »
It has a lot of names including center shaft, feathering shaft and spindle.

I don't have answers for your other questions, hopefully someone else does.

Offline johneyrico

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 03:40:48 AM »
awsome thanks (didnt wanna order it off the net wait 3 weeks only to find out i just got something i didnt break and will never need to replace

again lol

i think it would fit (as the others said there alot alike) but again dont wanna buy stuff ill never use
im gonna buy plastic parts again (probably best till i can fly better)
i would like to upgrade it, but im not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to "modifying" things

Offline johneyrico

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 06:21:12 AM »
ok guys pls help i cant find a part if anyone knows of a shop or anything with this item in stock pls lemme know

its that lil sleve thing numbered 50

(theres the entire main gear set at xheli, i ordered em but... well watch for urselfs)