Author Topic: Help with my Blade 400  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Chrisrain

Help with my Blade 400
« on: December 25, 2010, 06:54:43 PM »
For christmas i recieved a Blade 400...After charging it i flew it for the first time which was succsessful with no crashes and no problems. Then after charging battery again i plug in helicopter after turning on my Radio to find that the dx6i has deleted every model from its memory  :noguy:

I immediatly went online to find the factory settings for this helicopter and i found a PDF file that showed the settings. i set it up according to this PDF and then went to fly it...it was on grass so i was not suprised when it almost tipped over. i then put it on a mat only to have it completely tip over...luckily i cut the throttle the minute it began to tip so there was no damage. when looking in the radio i clicked on the Monitor option and whenever i would move on stick such as the rudder it would show that the ailerons and the elevator were also moving?    Under Servo-setup it has two options 120 degree CCPM and 90 degree one servo...the PDF said to set it up to 120 degree CCPM and i do not think that this is correct because whenever i switch it to 90 degree one servo and then go to the monitor screen and i move one of the sticks it only shows the only stick moving and not several of them. Also the PDF is telling me to Reverse two of the servos and those are the Ailerons and the Rudder.   So i guess my question is what are the correct settings for the Blade 400 when it comes out of the factory? if someone could post those here that would be amazing. 

Synergy E5   Trex 450 Pro   Trex 550e

Team Pulse Batteries (www.pulsebattery.com)
Team Superstition Hobbies (www.superstitionhobbies.com)

Offline ceolwulf

• MOTM Award
Re: Help with my Blade 400
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 07:30:22 PM »
I am away from my computer right now so I can't pull up the link for the blade 400 from eflite.  But your swash needs to be set 120 not 90.  With a cp heli you should have 2 to 3 servos moving with most stick movements.  The only exception is rudder which should just move the rudder servo.  The factory settings should be in the blade 400 manual.  I will check when I get home.  As for the tipping which side does it want to tip on?

Why fly what everybody else is flying Gaui 425/550 CopterX 500se v2, Thunder Tiger E325, Hk450pro gt, Blade 400, CopterX 450sev2, FHH 250, Gaui 200, heli-max Novus Cp,and Blade MSR

Offline Chrisrain

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 07:38:22 PM »
I am away from my computer right now so I can't pull up the link for the blade 400 from eflite.  But your swash needs to be set 120 not 90.  With a cp heli you should have 2 to 3 servos moving with most stick movements.  The only exception is rudder which should just move the rudder servo.  The factory settings should be in the blade 400 manual.  I will check when I get home.  As for the tipping which side does it want to tip on?
Thanks...i am also away from home at the moment...eating Christmas dinner with Grandparents so i cannot look at my manual. Thanks for letting me know about the swash.  :217:

Gene T

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 09:37:34 PM »
First off, I've heard of this happening, but I have never experienced it. You might try asking Horizon Hobby to swap the TX.

So many settings are personal choice / or default to reasonable settings. Here are the important ones you may not know.

Type Heli, Name Blade400 (or anything you want really)

Swash type CCPM 120 Degrees

Servo reversing (VERY IMPORTANT)
THRO Normal
AILE Reverse
ELEV Normal
RUDD Reverse
GYRO Normal
PITC Normal

Swash MIX, Sign is more important than value.
AIleron -75%
Elevator -75%
Pitch +85%

Gyro Switch =Gyro
0=66.5
1=64  Most people would use 0=35% (Rate Mode), 1=66% HH mode and then adjust as desired.

Power Setting B-US 247

Timer Count down timer 4:30, switch Trainer.

DR/Expo position 0, all are 100% Expo Inhibited,
Position 1 , 90% Ail and Elev, 100% rudder, Expo inhibited.
but I would use 35% expo on Aileron and Elevator to get started.

Throttle curves are also personal preference, but default is
Normal 0,25,50,75,100, Stunt, 100,92.5,85,92.5,100, Throttle Hold, 2% for all points. I prefer to use 0% for all points.

Pitch Curves
Normal 35,42.5,50,75,100, Stunt 0,25,50,75,100. Throttle Hold same as Normal.

Offline Chrisrain

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 11:57:57 PM »
thankyou very much Gene...just one question though...on the D/R&Expo how do i get the number to change from 0 to 1?? ill look through the manual again but i dont remember seeing that  :132:

-Thanks  :yourethebest:

EDIT:  haha nevermind...i figured it out  :218:

Offline ceolwulf

• MOTM Award
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 01:37:31 AM »
One thing you forgot Gene on factory setting is rudder travel at 90% in both directions.

The only changes that E-flite has recommended to tame her down for new pilots.

Swash mix
   Aileron    -75
   Elevator  -75
   Pitch      +70 

d/r expo
    postion 0 100% Expo 30% (like Gene I prefer 35%)
    position 1 80%  Expo 30%

Rudder Travel set 80% both directions

Throttle Curve in normal postion 0, 42.5,60,80,100 

All other setting remain the same

one thing I changed was the normal pitch curve 40,45,50,75,100 but that is a personal preference.

Also here is a link to the blade 400 bible http://www.slyster.com/heli/b400bible.html#general  alot of good info here.

Why fly what everybody else is flying Gaui 425/550 CopterX 500se v2, Thunder Tiger E325, Hk450pro gt, Blade 400, CopterX 450sev2, FHH 250, Gaui 200, heli-max Novus Cp,and Blade MSR

Offline Chrisrain

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 10:39:20 AM »
Thankyou both so much!  :217:

Didnt wanna fly this helicopter without being sure that i had the correct settings and thanks to you i can now start flying the heli again  :yourethebest:

Now to go and fly it  :woohooguy:

Offline Chrisrain

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 11:05:10 AM »
 :woohooguy: :woohooguy:  everything is working 100% again  :217: for all the help

Did a nice hover infront of my house and did a quick range test and everything is working just like it was on its maiden flight before it deleted all my settings.  :130:

Thankyou guys so much  :yourethebest:

Gene T

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 06:46:46 PM »
Glad to help. But seriously, if the transmitter does that again, make them repair or swap it. It should not decide on it's own to forget things.

Offline Chrisrain

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2010, 08:49:49 PM »
Glad to help. But seriously, if the transmitter does that again, make them repair or swap it. It should not decide on it's own to forget things.

i defintely will...when it deleted my settings the first time it almost caused a crash and i hate it when i recieve something that i ordered only to find out its faulty and or completely broken  :134:

Gene T

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 02:40:44 AM »
The only weird thing my DX6i has ever done is to somehow change my count down timer to an up timer and therefore stopped warning me that I needed to land. I can't be sure it wasn't something stupid I did, because after I started paying very close attention to every time I started, stopped or reset my timer, it never happened again.

Offline ceolwulf

• MOTM Award
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 08:12:44 AM »
Definitely call horizon hobby and get your dx6i checked out (might have gotten one that was on the recall who knows how long it's been around at the place you bought it).  They are really good about replacing stuff that is messed up.  I have alot of e-flite, spektrum stuff since that is what I can get at lhs.  Only problem living about an hour away from horizon's hobby main headquarters is that almost everything in the lhs is from them but is nice if I order directly from horizon i get it the next day with even choosing ultra cheap slow shipping. :218:  One of these days I am going to call them up and just ask if I can pick up my order and save even more.

Offline Chrisrain

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2010, 03:54:40 PM »
haha, that must be convenient living right by Horizon...i bet the LHS's hardly ever run out of E-flite spare parts  :130:

ill definitely give them a call if it happens again...just like what Gene T said it may have well been something i did on accident while messing around with the transmitter trying to figure it all out  :220: