Author Topic: HeliMax 1SQ flight vid  (Read 1707 times)

Offline AKPHill

• MOTM Award
  • skids down please
Re: HeliMax 1SQ flight vid
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 09:57:47 AM »
 :laugh25: :laugh25: :laugh25: he wins I am only 25 f
had tropical storm come thru this week and been in the +40s here all week
raptor 50 se v2 , raptor titan 50 SE, Trex ESP 600 trex 500fb trex500fbl Hirobo shuttle zx

Offline icecycler

• MOTM Award
  • Elite member
  • Men and their flying machines
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 11:10:55 AM »
Nice flying Randy, That is really one small little quad. I was impressed how well it handled outdoors. Whats next 450, 550, 800?

Cold, ice n snow, tis the season, you can have it for all I care.  :angryred:

Ice    :freezing:

Tools, Tools, Tools gotta have Tools. Without Tools The World Would Not Be Like it is Today!!!---------- Laugh A Lot Everyday, Life is too Short To Be Grumpy!!!-------Exercise Your Brain Build and Fly R/C!!!

Offline highflyer(USCG)

• MOTM Award
  • HIGHFLYER(USCG)
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2013, 02:09:46 PM »
:laugh25: :laugh25: :laugh25: he wins I am only 25 f
had tropical storm come thru this week and been in the +40s here all week

I don't want to win  :kicking-dirt: the sad thing is going to be is when I let dog outside and he lifts his leg on a tree and ends up freezing to it.  :212: :laugh25: :laugh25: :laugh25:   

Offline icecycler

• MOTM Award
  • Elite member
  • Men and their flying machines
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2013, 02:17:44 PM »
HF, At least your dog will go out, mine gets out the door, turns around and heads back into bed with the wife, And he's got a lot more hair than I do!!! :laugh25:

Tools, Tools, Tools gotta have Tools. Without Tools The World Would Not Be Like it is Today!!!---------- Laugh A Lot Everyday, Life is too Short To Be Grumpy!!!-------Exercise Your Brain Build and Fly R/C!!!

Offline highflyer(USCG)

• MOTM Award
  • HIGHFLYER(USCG)
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2013, 02:58:02 PM »
HF, At least your dog will go out, mine gets out the door, turns around and heads back into bed with the wife, And he's got a lot more hair than I do!!! :laugh25:

:laugh25: :laugh25: ICE   the only way to get mine to go outside when its that cold is to yell squirrel. 

Offline boykintom

• MOTM Award
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013, 05:27:27 PM »
RC,

Great video!  What a neat and tiny little quad--I was really impressed with how smooth and stable it is--neat stuff!  I'll bet this won't be your only multirotor.

BKT
"Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground"

Offline bear1953

• MOTM Award
  • Elite member
  • Going Rotary makes my head spin.
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 06:03:12 PM »
Just caught up with this.  Nice little quad Randy.  Great flight, nice and smooth.  The poor little thing might melt here at the moment.  102F (39C) we're heading for today and hotter tomorrow.  Good old Aussie summer.   :130:

Cheers

Offline Rumblecloud

• Forum Service
  • Legend
  • Port Huron, Michigan
    • Rumblecloud
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 06:16:29 PM »
Thank you all for the comments.
I am enjoying it. It flies very smoothly on it's without pilot intervention to get in its way  :218:

BKT an Ice:
It most definitely will not be my only quad. As you already know the stability of these crafts, they are perfect for aerial photography. So when I get around to it, i will be picking your collective brains to help determine the right size.

Helis are great fun, but sometimes it's nice to fly something that is faster than my reflexes.

r

Offline Rumblecloud

• Forum Service
  • Legend
  • Port Huron, Michigan
    • Rumblecloud
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 03:58:22 PM »
1SQ Update:
As you may have read in another string, Roundman had an issue with his 1SQ not binding. It seems there is a small button on the control board that needs to be clicked in order for the little quad to bind up. So if you are having this problem, find the button and give a good push down. The click is very pronounced.

The stock TX: It does have two modes, one for calm and one for BSC. You can actually set them however you want. Just turn on the TX, move the throttle all the way down. Press and hold the right stick down, then move the throttle stick up. Numbers on the LCD display will go up from 0. Take it up to between25 and 30 for easy flying, then release the right stick. To set mode 2, hold the right stick down and move the throttle up to about 40. Any higher than that and you're on your own. The higher you go the more squirrely it gets. I tried 50, but it was BSC so I backed it down.

Replacement motors: LadyBird motors will work on the 1SQ and prolly vise versa. One of mine was starting to run really hot and since parts for the 1SQ aren't in the pipeline yet, I checked out the LadyBird motors with the help of FD and found they were the same size physically. I order one and swapped it out today and it works like a champ.

My guess is that they are so similar, you could swap out the legs and motors (since that's how they come) and just plug in the LadyBird legs and motors in as a complete unit and be fine. You would have to do some leveling out because the pods are different dimensions or just order in pairs.

Anyway still great fun.

r

Offline flyingdeutschman

• MOTM Award
  • Elite member
  • Low and slow
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 05:19:10 PM »
Hey Randy. I wonder if you can also switch boards on each other birds and run them with let say a ladybird quad with the 1sq board?  From your results; It seems like the blades are enterchangable also. :215:
"OVER THE YEARS. OUT OF ALL THE THINGS I'VE LOST...I MISS MY MIND THE MOST"

Offline Rumblecloud

• Forum Service
  • Legend
  • Port Huron, Michigan
    • Rumblecloud
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2013, 05:44:19 PM »
You know Mark, you probably can.

I'll post a pic of the board later tonight for comparison.

r

Offline flyingdeutschman

• MOTM Award
  • Elite member
  • Low and slow
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2013, 06:05:29 PM »
That would be great if we could interchange most of the parts onto one another.
Here is the board off of the Ladybird.

Offline Rumblecloud

• Forum Service
  • Legend
  • Port Huron, Michigan
    • Rumblecloud
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2013, 07:30:08 PM »

There are some differences.

That big white plug I assume is for your battery. Mine hangs off the front. You have the little magic reset button too. Mine is the black round one next to the screw on the bottom right.

Interesting....r

Offline flyingdeutschman

• MOTM Award
  • Elite member
  • Low and slow
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2013, 07:47:55 PM »
The big white plug is for the bind plug. Aux2. My battery wires are in the same place as yours. Where your magic little button is on mine is a gyro sensitivity adjustment that is turned with a screw driver. Mine bound right out of the box without taking the can off so i didn't have to push anything for it to bind, but it looks like everything is enterchangable.

Offline L PLATER

• Elite member
  • T_REX 500
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2013, 08:29:50 PM »
Randy, you might want to check those wires where they go through the fame, it looks a little jagged.

Cheers
LP