Author Topic: Hobby King KK2 board  (Read 11035 times)

Offline Jolly-Swagman

• MOTM Award
  • Elite member
  • HK-450GT
    • G.A.STEPHEN - Internet Marketing
Re: Hobby King KK2 board
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2013, 01:33:02 PM »
I am still waiting for nearly all of my parts for the quad build. :angry_2: :bash_2:

Are you guys saying not to install the new firmware when the KK2 arrives?

Or are you saying try it first and see what happens?

Cheers
LP

Glenn The Firmware upgrade for the KK2 version 1.4 or if using gimbal 1.5 is OK to do I was refering to the Different type of Firmware that BT was talking about, that would do your head in  :confused:

DJI F450 ARF Quad Copter Kit - KK2 LCD FCB
HK-450GT Full CNC Alloy Build + few HK450BB Builds
Futaba 6EX 2.4GHz + FrSky VR6 FASST RX's

Offline QMaverick

• MOTM Award
  • Elite member
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2013, 02:08:15 PM »
I think all KK2.0 board came with v1 firmware. That's the agreement, I think, with KK. That's why v1 is locked.
'

The new board I received had v1.2 preinstalled, not that it mattered, updated it to 1.4 before installing it...

Blade mCPX - CopterX CX450SE v2 - Align Trex 450SE v2 - Tarot 450 Sport - Tarot 500ESP - HK 500GT - Align Trex 500E
Multi Rotor: Flip FPV - Talon v2.0 - X66

Offline L PLATER

• Elite member
  • T_REX 500
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2013, 05:11:23 PM »
Thanks for the info, I will install 1.5 when all my stuff gets here.

Cheers
LP

Offline boykintom

• MOTM Award
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2013, 05:55:23 PM »
Good decision--and it's easy.  As I have mentioned before, I love the KK2 board--not just because it flies so well, but because it is so easy to update and experiment with, as well.
"Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground"

Offline pinguin6218

• MOTM Award
  • Legend
  • Practice makes perfect
« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2013, 06:01:06 PM »
Thanks for the info, I will install 1.5 when all my stuff gets here.

Cheers
LP

LP, before you put new firmware, I think it is better to build your multi as it is. Just to make sure that the FC board is working. If it is, then put the new firmware.
   Be Blessed

Offline boykintom

• MOTM Award
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2013, 04:19:02 PM »
Some video with the hexacopter, KK2 board and a 4s battery--lots of oomph!  Video starts out sideways, but straightens out soon.  Voltage alarm was set high, so you can hear it beeping as I accelerate.

Offline icecycler

• MOTM Award
  • Elite member
  • Men and their flying machines
« Reply #126 on: May 27, 2013, 04:38:40 PM »
Looks like a lot of power there Tom. Now did you change out the motors to accept the 4s lipos or they have the capability to do so. What type are they?

Ice    :125:

Tools, Tools, Tools gotta have Tools. Without Tools The World Would Not Be Like it is Today!!!---------- Laugh A Lot Everyday, Life is too Short To Be Grumpy!!!-------Exercise Your Brain Build and Fly R/C!!!

Offline icecycler

• MOTM Award
  • Elite member
« Reply #127 on: May 27, 2013, 04:40:59 PM »
BTW, I have heard that the new 1.6 firmware is out. I haven't heard the results other than reading that the bird has a tendency to fly better in the ACRO mode. Still digging, hopefully will find more info as more jump on the firmware.

Tools, Tools, Tools gotta have Tools. Without Tools The World Would Not Be Like it is Today!!!---------- Laugh A Lot Everyday, Life is too Short To Be Grumpy!!!-------Exercise Your Brain Build and Fly R/C!!!

Offline davesheli

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • RumblecloudRC
« Reply #128 on: May 27, 2013, 05:06:32 PM »
Wow that was high :222:   i would be scared to death if mine got as high as the tree tops :laugh25: :laugh25:

Very impressed with your Multicopters Tom... :138: :138: :130:

:125:

Offline boykintom

• MOTM Award
« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2013, 05:17:57 PM »
Looks like a lot of power there Tom. Now did you change out the motors to accept the 4s lipos or they have the capability to do so. What type are they?

Ice,

These are the motors.  http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__12921__D2830_11_1000kv_Brushless_Motor.html  They're good for 4s right out of the box.  If you have motors that can handle it and haven't tried 4s, you should--it's a blast!  Much more power!

Tom

Offline boykintom

• MOTM Award
« Reply #130 on: May 27, 2013, 05:20:52 PM »
Dave,

You'll be flying out of sight before we know it!  Just a matter to shoving the stick up and watching it go!  Important to have a stable FC like the KK2 and blades and lights so you can tell which is the front!

Tom

Offline davesheli

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • RumblecloudRC
« Reply #131 on: May 27, 2013, 05:40:59 PM »
Thanks Tom, I was just looking at those motors from your Cheap quad build list, I see you still are happy with them.. Mine are a no name BC2212/11 1100V and I am Not sure they are very good, I now have the HK F30A ESC with SimonK firmware and of course the KK2 with 1.5 FW, I am running 9" props and my COG seems pretty dead on, but she is still unstable... I do fly a lot in 15-20+ MPH gusty winds, but my last video it was only about 10 MPH and it was still a little hard to control....   Any suggestions on how to make it more stable, what size prop do you recommend with high winds like that????    We can go to PM if you like.... :130:

Offline icecycler

• MOTM Award
  • Elite member
« Reply #132 on: May 27, 2013, 08:57:26 PM »
Tom I'm actually considering going to 4s on my XL quad to handle the load better. I think that might be the ticket along with some shaving off the frame to try to slim her down a bit. But then new motors are in orde, i'll have to see what the US warehouse has in stock.

Offline boykintom

• MOTM Award
« Reply #133 on: May 28, 2013, 04:44:15 AM »
Thanks Tom, I was just looking at those motors from your Cheap quad build list, I see you still are happy with them.. Mine are a no name BC2212/11 1100V and I am Not sure they are very good, I now have the HK F30A ESC with SimonK firmware and of course the KK2 with 1.5 FW, I am running 9" props and my COG seems pretty dead on, but she is still unstable... I do fly a lot in 15-20+ MPH gusty winds, but my last video it was only about 10 MPH and it was still a little hard to control....   Any suggestions on how to make it more stable, what size prop do you recommend with high winds like that????    We can go to PM if you like.... :130:
Dave,

A couple of questions: First, are you flying with self level on?  If not, I suggest it--much easier to handle with it on.  Next, what are your settings?  Compare to mine below.  As for the prop, I fly 9x4.7 props on my two smaller quads and 11X4.7 on my big quad.  All are GemFan brand.  Last, how does your quad handle on calm days?  Winds of 15-20 mph are pretty high--maybe most of your problem.  Oh yeah, I'm running the same ESC's as you, but I still don't like very high gains on self level--seems to fly best at the settings I've listed.

Tom

Offline Jolly-Swagman

• MOTM Award
  • Elite member
  • HK-450GT
    • G.A.STEPHEN - Internet Marketing
« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2013, 02:37:56 AM »
Has Anyone tried the New 1.6 Version of the Firmware , has allot of Bugfixes done to it

Bug fixed #1:
3D vector correction feedback contaminated the gyro input signals.

Bug fixed #2:
Missing initialization of RX input signal variables. This could led to undefined RX signals if KK2 is powered up without RX connected, and then in turn cause the KK2 to arm. However no chance of motors starting because throttle is at idle as required for arming.

Changes of usage:
None.
Settings does not change when upgrading from V1.5.

Regarding bug#1:
The test quad did feel more precise after upgrade, but it was not a major change.

Regarding Self-level that looses its bearing after flying for a while:
This is a vibration problem. Get rid of the vibrations!
Also rapid flipping exceeding the rate of the gyros will cause this.

And I can confirm that the ESCs and servos, even those connected to M2-M8, (cause they load the outputs of the KK2) must be removed when using a programmer that supplies power to the KK2! Else it is a chance of bricking the KK2 due to low voltage during flashing.

And finally, remember to remove the propeller, or otherwise disable the motors when working on your multicopter. During throttle calibration the propellers MUST BE REMOVED!
Also make a habit to disarm the KK2 before approaching and picking up the multicopter.

Download Kk2 v1.6 fw at bottom of page link below
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25062618&postcount=13868

I have it on my DJI F450 and the New Camera Gimbal, just waiting for the Weather to be fine to test out, been Rain and way to Windy here past week, and looks like will continue till after weekend   :215:

DJI F450 ARF Quad Copter Kit - KK2 LCD FCB
HK-450GT Full CNC Alloy Build + few HK450BB Builds
Futaba 6EX 2.4GHz + FrSky VR6 FASST RX's