Author Topic: gyro or servo ??? need help  (Read 654 times)

Offline andyc

• Hello it's me.
gyro or servo ??? need help
« on: March 03, 2012, 11:18:12 AM »
The story goes like this !! Bought a gaui 425 last November, also bought a futaba 6ex tx and comparable rx ! Had to wait untill Christmas to get the rest of my kit together, but I've only flown it twice as I'm still quite a novice pilot ! But I'm quite good on set up, firstly the tail rudder has been set up in rate mode, but I keep experienceing the rudder having a mind of its own and keeps turning to the right with no input from me ! I then recentre it but it keeps doing it ???????? I even switch to rate mode and it still wants to move when you move the tail, but when its on heading hold the rudder moves as it should untill the servo starts buzzing and the rudder starts moving, my heli is fitted with a align ds520 digital servo and a E-TECH G105 gyro, can any body help with this problem. :212:
Keep it up there !!!!

Offline Wayne

• MOTM Award
  • Legend
    • Flying Eagles INC
Re: gyro or servo ??? need help
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 01:29:21 PM »
Maybe bypass the gyro and see if the servo is buzzing?  I am not familiar with that gyro, do you have it set for a digital servo?  I am very familiar with the DS520 servo but I always have it paired with a GP780 or 750.
I don't always fly a good gyro, but when I do, I prefer Vbar...Stay inverted my friends!

eFlite MSR, HBFPv2, Align 250, HK450GT, EXI 450, EXI 500, Raptor 30

Offline andyc

• Hello it's me.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 02:13:18 PM »
Maybe bypass the gyro and see if the servo is buzzing?  I am not familiar with that gyro, do you have it set for a digital servo?  I am very familiar with the DS520 servo but I always have it paired with a GP780 or 750.

Not bypassed the gyro as yet but will try that tomorrow  and it is set for digital! My gut tells me its the gyro as It's sub £10 to buy on eBay !! Have sent for a gyro/servo combo and I'm just waiting for it to arrive, again just bought a cheap one to find out problem is. Thanks for the help  :130:
Keep it up there !!!!

Offline bear1953

• MOTM Award
  • Elite member
  • Going Rotary makes my head spin.
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 05:12:05 PM »
 :hi: :welcome:  Welcome to our world andyc.  Enjoy the best forum out there.

Offline Scooby

• MOTM Award
  • Elite member
  • When Flying Inverted, Down is up & Up is Expensive
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 12:19:30 AM »
 :welcome: :welcome:

Scooby

Don't Fly Angry,
Scooby

Offline andyc

• Hello it's me.
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 08:25:04 AM »

Not bypassed the gyro as yet but will try that tomorrow  and it is set for digita
l! My gut tells me its the gyro as It's sub £10 to buy on eBay !! Have sent for a gyro/servo combo and I'm just waiting for it to arrive, again just bought a cheap one to find out problem is. Thanks for the help  :130:

Bypassed the gyro and the servo is quiet ! But does make its normal buzz when using rudder ! Recconected the gyro and servo to it and at the moment no buzzing or movement of the rudder !!!!!!! Just have to see how it goes on. Cheers again

Fitted the new gyro ! I know its a cheepy but its just to see if it stops the servo from having a mind of its own ! Thing is when I connected the battery and ran it up the tail servo started to go from side to side ! And got quicker the more throttle I used ! Then I realized I had to turn down the gain and its been fine since, but will spend some money on a good one on my birthday, thanks for all the huelp guys  just a few minor tweeks to do and I'm good again thanks for the help.
Keep it up there !!!!

ROUNDMAN54

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 04:52:37 PM »
 :hi: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: Andyc To the #1 forum & the best bunch of guys out there!! HAPPY & SAFE FLYING!!!  :invert2: :130: RM54

Offline caddmus

• MOTM Award
  • Elite member
  • My wife says I look like Gru
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 10:28:00 PM »
 :welcome: to the best rc forum andyc, check if everything is working fine now, if not, try with other gyro :130:
Tarot 500FL, Trex 500, Trex 500FL PRO, Trex 600, Trex 600E Pro, Airwolf 600, Trex 700, Mikado XXTREME.

pəʇɹəʌuɪ ʎɐʇs ʇoʅɪd pooƃ ɐ əɹɐ noʎ  Ɉɪ

Offline pinguin6218

• MOTM Award
  • Legend
  • Practice makes perfect
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 06:57:46 AM »
Why you want to put a sub 10 gyro on a heli like Gaui 425? I don't. At least I will put a 780 or Quark.
   Be Blessed

wizzard363

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 02:10:22 PM »
Why you want to put a sub 10 gyro on a heli like Gaui 425? I don't. At least I will put a 780 or Quark.
:iagree: One of the best things I ever did was invest in a good gyro .
The Spartan Quark  eliminated all my tail drift problems that I was having with the cheaper gyros (I tried 4 different ones and was getting very  :frokkel: )
Matched up with a good fast tail servo like this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10522 you will have no problems at all.